The role of Web Developer has many important responsibilities. Expectations include good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, understanding of client and internal needs, professionalism, a team-oriented attitude and a willingness to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
• Successfully manage tasks on multiple projects and discern when help is needed to get a job done on time.
• Be open to new opportunities and exploring new technologies, and vendors to partner with.
• Have a thorough understanding of the business and the digital team functions, including:
- Promotional website projects, such as sweepstakes, contests, games, loyalty programs
- Create wireframes and site userflows
- Build, support, and enhance internal web applications
- Data validation, mining, reporting, and management (utilizing flat files and relational databases)
• Be proactive and innovative in identifying and solving problems and offering solutions for problems that are found in software or other business functions.
• Stay on top of new technologies and trends.
Job Specifications and Competencies:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree and/or proven website development experience
• Skills/Experience with:
- Front-end web development
- Modern HTML/CSS
- PHP familiarity (or ability to quickly learn)
- MySQL (or comparable) database
- Some exposure to Linux
• Strong organizational, writing, and communication skills
Preferred (but not required) experience in:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
• API development